I am posting this salad recipe as I think carrots often get treated badly in this country arriving as soggy tasteless accompaniments to the main course. This is a more unusual and delicious way of cooking them.
Also beneficial to health as carrots are packed full of vitamin A which is good for your eyesight and skin. The essence of orange blossom is valued for its mood boosting properties so not only will this sunny recipe help you see better but should put a smile on your face! Enjoy 🙂
Moroccan Carrot Salad
Prep to Plate: 15 mins
- 4 carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Peel and cook the carrots whole together with garlic cloves.
- Add them to a pan of lightly salted water and cook for 5 minutes.
- While carrots cook peel and chop shallot and put in a salad bowl.
- Remove carrots from water and slice diagonally (not too thinly.)
- Add carrots to chopped shallots.
- Make dressing using olive oil, juice from lemon, orange flower water, icing sugar, cumin and pinch of pepper.
- Mix dressing with carrots and marinate in fridge before serving.
Cheeky shortcut: Instead of cooking carrots slice finely using a mandoline or grater and then toss in dressing. 🙂
©(Suzette McDaniel) (Dont Burn The Onions 2012)Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and owner is strictly prohibited.